Saturday 14 March 2009

Bunting Glorious Bunting
















Bunting reminds me of village fetes and lemonade. It's also a really really cheap way to jazz up a plain colour scheme. It's really really really easy to make as well. I cut a triangle from a bit of A4 and traced round it on a cereal box so it became a bit sturdier. I then used this as my template. Cut two triangles, different colours if you want. Leave about half an inch at the side. Sew the two long sides up making sure that your biro marks are on the outside. Turn inside out. I used a pencil to squish through the points. Then the most important bit. Iron. Don't worry if the top edge of the triangle pocket is a bit rough. When you have all of your triangles, cut the tops straight. I bought some white tape which was about 3cm wide and ironed it folded over. Then I pinned my triangle tops into it, sewed right along the edge of the tape and voila!!
It's one of those things that I am glad has made a comeback.

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever, is there no end to your talents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - you make it sound so simple. I'm already thinking of where it would look nice in my garden ...

    ReplyDelete