Thursday 19 March 2009

A finished cushion




Well my cushion for the bed is finished. to make the back I ironed the patchwork, then cut two pieces from an old white sheet. Using two good ends for the split bit. I applied the longer one first, which is going to be the bigger fold when turned inside out. then the smaller. I have to let you see the pics. For stuffing, I washed an old saggy pillow from the childrens room, then cut it open and re shredded the poly stuffing. It goes all flat but if you pull it to bits, it regains it's fullness. To make the inner cushion lining, I simply sewed along the pillow case again creating a square. To think I was going to throw it out - Yikes!!!




I really do need a few days clear to get the bed & drawers done. But when I have time, the weather hasn't been on my side. Roll on Summer eh?

1 comment:

  1. That is fabulous - I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

    ReplyDelete